Go to the page https://backshatter.com/beta-download/ and pick the Download button. You will need to enter the password sent in the email for the Beta. The file name is backshatter_beta.dmg
Install the Application – Double click the downloaded file. Drag the backshatter_beta application to the Applications folder. It will show up in your Applications folder.
Start the Application – backshatter_beta will show up in your Applications or Launch Pad. Click it to start the program.
The first time you start the Beta software, a Pop Up will ask you if you want to open the software since it came from the internet. Select the Open button.
- If you cannot open the software, you need to change your System Preferences for Security & Privacy to “Allow apps downloaded from: App Store and identified developers”.
When you first start the Free Trial you will see a Pop Up that says. “No license found… BackShatter will run in Trial Mode”. Cancel the Pop Up. Don’t exit the application yet.
- Before the BackShatter software will let you Save photos in all formats without a watermark, you will need to get a license file from BackShatter.
- Start the application, and go to the Help, License command.
- A Dialog will pop up. There is a code next to the Host ID. Use the Copy button to put the Host ID on your clipboard. Paste it into an reply of the email announcing the Beta download, then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will generate a license code for you and email it back. Copy the code from your email, and select the Activate License command from the License dialog. Paste the License Code into the dialog, and then select Save.
- Exit and Restart BackShatter. You should no longer see a pop up, and the Save As command will be active after you open an image file.
Open a photo and start working – Use the Help pages to learn how to use BackShatter. It’s simple, just draw a rectangle, see what was found, Find More if needed, and Process the backscatter away..